Friday, January 29

The Lace Book Reader

I am a little late on getting this entry published. I apologize for the lateness. The meeting from our last book went well. We met at RedEye coffee, and I had my usual scrumptious chai. We discussed the twist ending from the book, and we also discussed the mental state that the narrator was in during the course of the novel.

Since for all intensive purposes, the book club is no long a happy hour one, but a Saturday morning book and a movie one, we went and saw "The Lovely Bones". It was very moving. It was not exactly in accordance with the book, but in film, it usually never is.

Our next book is called The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry. If you want to know more about this book, go to the website here. This book also has an unreliable narrator which is going to keep me on my toes. The next meeting is Saturday, February 6th. See you there!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment